Ultima Thule set, consisting of a 50 cl pitcher and two 20 cl Old Fashioned glasses, is part of Iittala’s iconic glassware range created in 1968 by Tapio Wirkkala. The inspiration for the collection was found from the melting spring ice of Northern Finland. Ultima Thule is based on a so-called ice glass technique developed together by Wirkkala and Iittala – the forms imitate nature and gradually change as the molten glass burns the surface of the wooden moulds. In 1969, the Finnish airline Finnair chose Ultima Thule for its new route from Helsinki to New York, and the glassware is still in use at Finnair’s Business Class. Ultima Thule crystallizes the expressive power of Finnish glass design, and the distinctive classic contributed to Iittala’s international breakthrough. Ultima Thule has become one of Iittala’s most popular glassware ranges and it shows very well Wirkkala’s view according to which simple objects are the ones that require most work.
Free delivery to your hotel room
- All orders a customer completes before 14:00 on weekdays are delivered to the customer’s hotel of choice the same day between 15:00 – 20:00. Orders made after 14:00 will be delivered the next weekday between 15:00 – 20:00 . Orders made over weekends are delivered on Mondays.
- A minimum order of 15.000 ISK is required for free delivery. Delivery fee of of 3.990 ISK is added to the orders under that amount.
EXPRESS DELIVERY AND OUTSIDE STANDARD DELIVERY HOURS
- Orders after 14:00 on weekdays requiring a same day delivery between 15:00 – 23:30
- Orders needing delivery between 9:00-15:00 or between 20:00-23:30 on the weekdays.
- Orders needing delivery over a weekend between 9:00 – 23:30.
- Delivered within 4 hours of order completion within the Reykjavík Capital Area. Express delivery fee of 4.990 ISK is added to the order. No minimum order.